I'm not gonna lie. It's been a long week.
Maybe because Matt has been involuntarily working long hours, wrapping up this job in the next month and moving on to his new job the beginning of May.
Maybe it's because the weather is dreary. I'd love to see the sun and open the windows.
Maybe it's because the kids seem like they've been "just a little" sick forever and I wonder if they'll ever be completely healthy again.
Notice those all seem to be excuses? Hmm...Most likely the long week has been due to my attitude. I've been concentrating on the negatives and not being thankful for what God has done for me.
So by God's Grace, today I will focus on what God has done for me.
God has provided Matt a great job. Normally he is home by 5pm every night and never has to work a weekend. A paycheck is always nicely and promptly deposited in the bank and job security couldn't be better. So what if he had to work late every night this week? I am thankful for a hard-working husband who daily gets up early to go to work and provides for our family. Help me, Lord, to be patient with him and loving to him when he gets home!
And the weather...I'm thankful for the sunny days that we've had, for the fresh air that the kids have been able to get after school many times in the month of March. Thankful for our wonderful house and yard and the safety of the neighborhood that we live in. Warmer weather is coming closer with each and every day!
I think of my healthy kids, who may have the stomach flu, asthma, headaches and stomachaches all too often, but we've been blessed with such good health in general. I've heard of several families going through cancer trials with their children...not knowing what each day holds. Help me to pray for these families, Lord, that you would give them strength to make it through each day.
I came in the kitchen this morning to find Braden writing on my "#1 Mom" magnet.
It has brought a smile several times today already. And notice our little boy in Ethiopia, Yared, who we sponsor through Abraham's Oasis. Braden prays for him almost every night...the same prayer..."God, you know he lives in a mud hut with just his Grandma. Keep him healthy and give him what he needs." We are excited that Craig and Carter (my brother-in-law and nephew) are going to try to go to Yared's village and meet him in June when they are in Ethiopia. What an experience that would be!
Choosing today to concentrate on God's blessings, forgiveness and His great love for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment