Friday evening...beautiful weather outside on a May night...what should we do?
I don't think we'll ever ask that question again! The kids were playing outside with the neighbor girl, riding her go-kart, while Matt and I wondered what we wanted to do.
All of the sudden we heard Kinslee screaming. I went running...Mother's instinct or not, I knew something was wrong. Matt thought it was a play scream. When I approached Kinslee, I saw her standing up from the laying down position and she was covered in blood. She was thrown from the go-kart. Although I wasn't worried that she was horribly hurt, she was still a terrible sight to see. I think she was in shock...she just kept saying, "Is this a dream?" and "Take me to the hospital!" over and over.
Matt decided to take her in to get her checked out. Thankfully she was wearing a helmet. The doctor said that is what saved her from more serious injury. They did a CT scan and a chest Xray and all checked out okay. She was such a trooper and with the help of some pain meds, was able to endure getting cleaned up and bandaged up!
In the ER.
These pictures are from Saturday morning. I could already tell she was looking better.
The neighbors who owned the go-kart felt horribly, of course. They visited on Saturday afternoon and asked Kinslee if she needed anything. I said no, but then our neighbor asked, "Would you like some ice cream?" Kinslee of course said, YES! and here she is enjoying her ice cream brought to her:
So thankful that this accident was not worse. Please pray the wounds will heal!

No comments:
Post a Comment