Friday, September 16, 2011

A Blur

This week was definitely a blur.  I am so glad it is Friday!

Besides the normal school schedule, we had 3 soccer games, 2 of which were away.  Maddie has improved so much this year.  She loves getting that ball and taking it down the field!

In the 30 minutes we had after dinner and before a soccer game, Matt and Maddie squeezed in a game of chess.  This chess set was Mom and Dads and is such an improvement over our cheap little set.  Maddie loves chess, and is looking forward to doing a chess strategy DVD & workbook this year for school.  She likes competing against Matt...can you see it on her face?:)
Yesterday afternoon, the kids and I headed to the Air Force Marathon Expo to pick up our race packets. Matt and I ran the 10K last year, and this year Maddie is joining us! She's done a good job training for it and I can tell that her training really helped her endurance for soccer.  

The kids didn't know what to expect at the Expo...they just thought I was dragging them along on another errand.  As soon we walked in, a vendor called us over and gave the kids chapstick on a lanyard.  That was it...they were sold and were so excited to collect the junk people were holding out to them.

Braden thinking he looks pretty cool in his gear...I spared you the picture of him in his tank top, boxers, sweat bands (on legs and arms!), hat, sunglasses and lanyard from before bed last night...he looked hilarious!
This doesn't show the jelly bracelets, water bottles, Boeing tattoos, cups, etc. that they were giving out. I got through the Expo as fast as I could and stopped as few places as possible and still came home with tons of junk.  Oh well...the kids had fun!

We have a busy, but fun weekend ahead of us, and we're even squeezing in a date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment