Do you see what I see?
I happened to glance at the side of the blog the other day and noticed how weirdly consistent I am with blogging. I really couldn't have planned that much better if I'd tried!
Anyway....
This is a kind of spring break week for us. Officially, we do not have to be logging school hours until next Tuesday, but we've been working through most subjects anyway in order to have an easier month of May. We have several field trips coming up and some travel with Matt so since we had a week at home, we are plugging through!
The kids have spent only about 3 hours a day on school work this week, which means they are done by about 10:30am and have the rest of the day to play. I've found that if they do a little bit of work in the morning, they play much better throughout the day, which is why we are going to have a few days a week (on the weeks we are home) this summer that we do a bit of school.
We are also working hard on research reports. Why I waited until spring to do this, I don't know. The reports are definitely something that will be done in January/February next year!
This has been a year of learning for all of us. We have decided to home school through the charter school again next year and I'm excited about some of the changes I will make to hopefully simplify the year!

No comments:
Post a Comment