On our third day of sight-seeing, we ventured back out to Ogunquit, since that seemed to be the best place for a walk at the beach. We spent the morning walking and exploring, ate Mexican for some reason, which was not the best of ideas and did a little shopping. That evening we headed out for ice cream and a visit to Portland Head Light. This was such a beautiful evening!
This is the most photographed lighthouse in America!
The rocks along the coast here are huge and this picture just does not capture it all.
While Matt was at his conference, I explored Kennebunkport, York Beach, Wells Beach and the Nubble Light House. And I even fit in a trip to the Maine Mall in Portland on Friday when it was cool and cloudy!
I'm so thankful for this opportunity of a week alone with Matt exploring a part of the United States we've never seen. I hope to take the kids back someday!
Love the Maine posts! :) When I took Patrick to ME for the first time, we booked a b&b in Ogunquit, and he totally did the drawbridge thing along the Marginal Way too!! And there was a lobster or two involved. :) :) :) LOVE that coast. -k
ReplyDeleteI thought of you and Steph many times while in Maine! There were a few other adults there anxious for the chance to lower the bridge after Matt opened it:) Good thing there weren't any kids around:)
Delete