Thursday, September 13, 2012

Reminders

Weekends are usually our "rejuvenate" time.  When Matt and I were feeling very exhausted earlier this week, we realized that our past several weekends have been very busy which leads to no time to get "caught up" and rejuvenated for the next week.  We both have many things that we feel we just can't get caught up on.  One of mine is general house cleaning.  The house should stay clean when you are away from it a lot, but it doesn't happen that way!

As I was sitting drinking tea this morning, I looked around and saw the kids stuff sitting here and there.  We try to teach them to clean up after themselves, but reality is, we all leave things laying every once in awhile.  Then as I looked again, I noticed that the few things laying around were very characteristic of the kids and it made me smile.  The house will be as clean as Matt and I want it one day, without little remembrances of the kids sitting on our kitchen table or end tables.  Can you guess which things belong to which child?:)


I'm thankful for each of the kids.  They are indeed a blessing!  And I'm praying that we would not lean on  our own understanding, but keep Christ at the center of our lives, allow Him to build our house and depend on God for everything, especially rest!

Psalm 127
Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.  It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.  Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.  Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment