After two short days at home, we headed back to Charlottesville, VA. This area was so pretty and I think my favorite thing to see from our last 2 weeks was Monticello! We studied up on Thomas Jefferson before our trip, so seeing his house in person was definitely interesting. And the grounds around the house were just beautiful.
Such unique flowers. Kinslee loved the big purple ones!
The kids thought Mulberry Row was great. They were so impressed with the gardens and could have played around them all afternoon. They think Monticello would be a great place to play hide and seek!
Braden loved hearing about all of the technology that Thomas Jefferson had in his house. This is Braden trying out the polygraph machine in the kids discovery room.
Kinslee building her own Monticello!
Maddie enjoying a campeachy chair. This type of chair sits in front of Jefferson's fireplace and is quite comfortable.
After we were done at Monticello, we stopped at Michie's Tavern and Mill. This was a pretty area to walk around and Braden always is interested in water wheels and how they work.
It's always good to be home but I really do love traveling. I'm taking advantage of all of this while we are able to do it. I know it won't last forever!

Looks incredible! Isaac just finished studying about Thomas Jefferson and Monticello!
ReplyDelete