Matt took the girls with him the other night to visit a friend and his girls. That left Braden and me at home. What better to do than go on a date!
Braden was so excited about this. He has been showing off his gentlemanly skills lately by opening doors, carrying bags, giving compliments, doing anything he can for his mommy! Matt is training him well:)
Last night was no different.
He got our food and drinks at Young's, opened doors for me and kept up a good conversation.
Talking with him is always a hoot. He is an endless stream of questions.
"Mom? Can a person die from laughing so hard?"
Last night did not disappoint! We talked about everything from the election, convertibles, tools and Christmas, to Planned Parenthood (don't ask!)!
While shopping after dinner, we stopped at Kohl's. I wanted to try something on, so headed over to the dressing rooms. Approaching, I saw a man using a speech aid, allowing him (who evidently normally would not have been able to talk) to speak in a robotic-sounding voice. He was sitting, giving advice to his wife. I told Braden to have a seat and could only imagine what my curious boy was thinking, hearing and seeing this that he had never heard or seen before. After the 5 minutes I was in the fitting room, (all the while praying that Braden wasn't completely annoying the man by staring...) we left the area and I asked Braden what he thought of it. His comment was, "That was FASCINATING!" This budding engineer and lover of inventions got introduced to a great invention that is an amazing help to other people. I loved his reaction to it and I could see his mind churning!
Love it!
ReplyDelete