Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentine's Day Party

For several years in a row, Maddie had a Valentine's Day party with friends from school. One year we had to cancel at the last minute due to a snowstorm. All of the supplies got packed away for the next year.  Due to busyness, that next year's party never came.

Kinslee has been wanting to have a party for awhile now, since Braden had his party and Maddie had a sleepover with a few friends.  The memory of Maddie's old tradition of having a Valentine's party popped into my mind, so we pulled everything out and planned a party!

Last night, 8 of Kinslee's friends came over:
This was quite a group of girls! I forgot how loud 9 excited girls can be:)

Once I got them settled down for the activities, things went much more smoothly and I think everyone had a lot of fun.
Picking up candy hearts with chopsticks. There were two girls how were outstanding at using chopsticks...they need to give me lessons!
They all made Valentine's cards for a friend or family member.
And lastly, they iced cookies! Yum!

I'm so thankful for our church and all of the little girls around Kinslee's age. They are sweeties!

1 comment:

  1. Kinslee is looking so grown up Julie! The Valentine's Day party was a cute idea and it looks like they all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete