Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another Week...

No pictures today, but here's what we've been up to!

Although the kids finally did get into the groove of summer, we started back into a little school work this week.  We're only doing two days and it's only about 1 1/2 hours each day, but so far so good, and I even got a cheer of joy Sunday night when I reminded them we were doing school work Monday morning! There's someone in this house excited to start 3rd grade math:)

Our mornings have gone much more smoothly this week and having them work downstairs has given me time to do much needed cleaning in the school room.  I got quite a bit organized in just 3 hours, so I should be all set by the time we go full-time in August!

Matt got his "pink slip" for the government sequester yesterday...although I told him I was extremely disappointed that it wasn't actually pink.  If this actually goes through, he'll have one unpaid day off each week starting the beginning of July.  Although the pay cut won't be fun, I think he's looking forward to his little summer break.  He'll probably be disappointed if they cancel the furlough.

In all of Maddie's hard work between mowing Grandma & Grandpa's yard, and her little baking job, she earned enough money to buy a Kindle Fire.  Although it took her about two weeks to work up the nerve to ask Matt if she could get it, she finally did and has been enjoying playing with it. She loves the sketchbook app the best!

And last but not least, we finally got out on our bikes last night! We didn't get to the trail, because Maddie had to mow, but we ended up riding to G&G Clark's house...total trip was a little over 9 miles. Not too bad for our first time out.  I was leading the pack and was accused of going too slow on the way there...so I sped things up on the way home and we shaved 4 minutes off our time.  Kinslee did end up in tears the last mile, but she was loving it up until that point!  I see a bike ride to Fent's in our future!

1 comment: