We got our curriculum for the new school year yesterday! In many ways, it is frustrating that I have to wait until August to do any planning. But I think it is a good thing, too. It forces me to take a break. And although the kids have been doing math two days a week, it doesn't involve planning and scheduling on my part. Which is nice. I need a break from that planning by the end of the year.
But now my break is over! I picked up 4 boxes of curriculum and we still have probably one more box coming. I ordered more than I needed, so now need to decide exactly which we are going to use regularly, which we are going to use occasionally, and which we are probably just not going to use at all!
Kinslee was so excited. She could hardly wait to get her hands on all of her workbooks. She sat and went through her pile over and over again. She was really excited about the critical thinking math books, and her grammar & vocab. She started in to her workbooks immediately after they were unpacked. She has several pages of a few workbooks done already! We'll see if that excitement lasts:)
Braden was completely discouraged yesterday morning that we were going to pick up school supplies. He thought his world (or at least his summer) had ended. But once he caught sight of all of the science kits and projects we ordered, he was hooked! All I heard all the way home was, "Mom...do I have to wait to do the steam locomotive kit until we are learning about them?" "Mom...can I do this kit when we get home?"
And here he is poring over a science book.
He got his hands into as many simple kits as he could and tried them out. Here he is with an anemometer.
Maddie was with her Grandma most of the day yesterday, so she came in just as we were finishing unpacking. She was happy to sit and organize her desk, though!
Each year gets a little less overwhelming. I gain a little more confidence with each year! I'm thinking next week I'll be in up to my ears and hope to get at least the first month or so planned.
And before I known it, it'll be summer break again! The years go by so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment