Our soccer season this year is much more laid back than other years. We decided to try out a homeschool soccer league and we were really excited about it. It's been a good experience, but it is sooooo different than the soccer that we're used to. We're not a sports-competitive family, but this soccer league is really not competitive.
They play and practice on the same day, which means 3 hours of soccer on Saturday mornings. This is great for not crowding our schedule, but Kinslee and Braden think that three hours of running around on a Saturday morning is entirely too long.
The Cedarville University soccer teams are the coaches, which is fun. Maddie has talked a lot about her coaches. It's nice to see little relationships forming!
Kinslee hates soccer. She has always hated soccer. But yet, we make her play. Every year as she stands out on the field talking with her friends, I wonder why we make her play. We like to torture her and ourselves, I guess. We're thinking that next year we are not going to make her play and we'll try to get her involved in something else that she is interested in.
This is the only time I saw her in the action Saturday. And I got a picture of it. Yes!
I give her credit...at least she is watching where the ball is.
Braden says he doesn't like soccer, but he has fun when he is out there, and he does really well. With his size, he can blow past a lot of those kids and unfortunately has tackled a few.
He's not afraid to be aggressive!
Maddie has done well this year. She scored two goals in a game and was pumped about that! The fields are really small, so for being the runner that she is, it's pretty easy compared to last year. This may be her last year of soccer. We're looking in to her running cross-country next year. She'll miss soccer, though!
One last picture of Miss Kinslee. Socializing with her friends! Yes, this was during the game. Why they put three little girls back at defense, I'll never know!
No comments:
Post a Comment