Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lock-In

The 4th grade at Maddie's school has a lock-in each year.  Maddie wanted to do this, but she was a little nervous about it.  She told me, "I decided I wanted to take a chance.":)

So we dropped her off last night.  I think it was harder on mom and dad than it was on her!  Being "locked in" at the school with 100 other 4th graders is much different than having a sleepover at a friend's house. 

She (and we!) made it through though and is now soundly asleep in her bed.  As I was unpacking her little bag she took, I saw this note card:

"Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means."
2 Thessalonians 3:16

This little card is something that a good friend at church gave her when she was struggling this past fall with fear & anxiety at bedtime.  It has been posted on her bulletin board since she got it and I just wondered the other day if she ever read it.

Evidently she does and it warms my heart to know that she put this in her bag to be a reminder to her as she ventured into an "unknown" situation.

May the Holy Spirit always bring her mind to the truths and promises of the Bible as goes through the ups and downs of life!

3 comments:

  1. The faith of a child is so precious. No wonder Jesus set it as an example for adults. Jenni B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful story! We're proud of our niece! (And her parents)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It is so sweet to hear when little ones rely on the truths and promises in God's Word. What a reminder for us as adults!

    ReplyDelete