Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice Day #3

Our first two ice days were pretty great...Matt was home with us and it was like a weekend in the middle of the week!  Today was our third day off, but Matt had to head back to work.  I think the kids are ready to be back tomorrow!  Here is our deck...if only we had ice skates, we could definitely have ice skated on it! I did not actually make it outside to get pictures yesterday because, well...it was just too cold.  Plus all of the ice was off the trees, so I lost my photo opp.
 The kids project for the afternoon was putting together a Knex Ferris wheel.  This was officially Maddie's kit, so Braden the Builder was at the mercy of Maddie for this project.  Much to his dismay, Maddie had to sort all the pieces into piles...
 This was pure torture for Braden.   
  Almost too much to bear.

Maddie eventually had them sorted and bagged.  All 3 set out building the Ferris wheel, working together quite well!
 And after about 30 minutes it was just Braden left.  Maddie and Kinslee didn't have the patience, but Braden was determined to get the kit built today. 
He almost has it completed.

It looks like the LEGO men and Polly Pockets are going to have an exciting night at the carnival this evening.

I love my kids imaginations!

I had to add on this picture:
Unfortunately the Polly Pockets were too tall for the Ferris Wheel, but look how much fun the Lego man is having...hands up and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment