Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Clogging the Clinic

The Clark kids have been clogging up the school clinic.  Braden went to school on Monday. He seemed to be doing better. During the day he went to the clinic twice not feeling well...didn't eat any lunch, and ended up throwing up during his after school book club.  He stayed home yesterday and at about 10:30 I got a call that Maddie was in the clinic "really not feeling well."  I picked her up and although she said her head and stomach hurt every so often, she seemed pretty much fine.  Then Kinslee said she was at the clinic yesterday. Her teacher thought she felt warm and Kinslee said she wasn't feeling well.  The clinic let her rest for a bit then sent her back to class.

Today all three are at school, since all three seemed good last night. We'll see if they make it through the day!

Last week, Maddie got to attend the Young Author's Conference at Wittenberg University.  Her story was one chosen from the 4th grade class, so she got the privilege of spending this day out of the classroom with her most loved teacher and a few friends.  She loved every minute of it! She is so much into writing.  She has some ideas that I think would make great kids stories and maybe next year when we are homeschooling we'll have a chance to develop some of her thoughts into actual stories.  

Right now she is into writing historical fiction. For a girl who at the beginning of the year really disliked history, she has spent some time the past few weeks on the internet researching historical time periods for her writings.  I love seeing this develop in her! History was the subject I was most concerned about teaching next year since I am not a history buff. If the kids are interested in it, I'm sure it will go much more smoothly!  Maddie's favorite time period? WWII.  But her interest in the Civil War era is increasing every day!

Here is Maddie engrossed in a WWII timeline Saturday morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment