I'm not sure where these curls come from on Kinslee.
We started noticing them about a year ago. If she lets her hair completely dry naturally and we scrunch it a little while it is drying, she ends up with all these waves, which she loves! Unfortunately, the very top layer is straight as can be, which pretty much covers the curls and just makes her hair look messy when left alone.
If only they'd keep spreading to that top layer!
I ate lunch at school with Kinslee today. She thought she was pretty special to get a Happy Meal and some Cadbury chocolate eggs while everyone else was eating their packed or school lunch. I normally eat with the kids several times throughout the year and haven't done it yet this year! Only 7ish weeks left, so I have to get moving!
Kinslee got to be the first since she's been struggling with going to school lately. Thankfully she loves it once she gets there, so as long as I can get her out the door, she's good!
They are counting the days and are super excited about our change next year, but I know they (and I!) will miss things about school. There is just something about it...the sounds, smells, etc...that will take awhile to get used to next year.
Pictures will be coming soon with how our school room is progressing!
Julie,
ReplyDeleteI am part of a homeschool co-op and we were discussing scheduling yesterday. I would really encourage you to plan out a schedule of events for your home school day for your kids. Planned chores and recess really help the day go better. I am sure you will do a great job teaching your kids and you will have the delight of watching them learn. Jenni B
Thanks for the suggestion, Jenni! I am a schedule person and the kids do better with a routine, too, so I know a schedule would be good for us. I need to start thInking about that!
ReplyDeleteLove the curls! We have those in our house, too. :)
ReplyDelete