Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Downtown Nashville

We spent Saturday night in Louisville, KY, and headed to Nashville on Sunday morning.  Our plan was to head to Edwin Warner Park and hike. 
We took a 2.5 mile hike up and around a mountain...probably not really a mountain, but since we are used to flat Ohio, it seemed like a mountain!  Braden thought for sure he was going to die of exhaustion before he made it back down.
This was our half way stop at the nature center.  We loved this chair!

After dinner on Sunday, we headed to downtown Nashville. We thought we were at the downtown area last time, but this was definitely the more exciting of the downtown areas!
Looking out on the Cumberland River from a bridge.

This was my favorite building. It was a tattoo parlor.  I loved the way it looked.  If I was ever going to get a tattoo, I would want it to be here!
Live, loud country music coming out of all of these restaurants and bars.  I've never seen so many cowboy boots in one place!
An old Fort on the river.
The kids standing in front of the building that I liked.  Notice in the window there was a girl peeking out the window at us.  She was definitely interested in what we were doing!  The kids are not used to the city so this was quite an experience for them....homeless people asking for money, random people asking you to buy things or take carriage rides, and photo shoots on the city streets (and I don't mean me taking pics of my kids!).
They loved the tall buildings though and thought this Pinnacle building was the best!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever change your mind about the tattoo, Steve and I will meet you in Nashville! :)

    ReplyDelete