Friday, August 26, 2011

FIRST GOAL!!

It was an exciting evening in the Clark house last night...Braden scored his first soccer goal, the first goal ever for our family and in the first game of the season!!

Here is a picture of the goal going in...Braden is in the blue the third guy from the left. You can see him anxiously looking at where the ball is going!
From where we were on the sidelines and the swarm of players around Braden, we couldn't see exactly who kicked it in.  We were pretty sure it was Braden, but he didn't react that much to scoring, and I didn't want to jump up and down shouting for him if some other little kid had kicked it in!  We patiently waited until the end of the game to ask him for sure, and the answer was, "Yes! I scored!"

We asked him why he didn't seem excited about it and basically he was playing it cool. He said, "People who score all the time don't make a big deal out of it, so I didn't want to either!"

We celebrated with ice cream at Fent's.  They have the best cyclones!
I'm sure Braden's cyclone tasted especially sweet:)

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Braden! Congratulations!!!

    I love his comment about playing it cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Brade! Finally got that ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete