On Monday, the kids participated in the Air Force Museum's Homeschool Day. They each went to a class for their age group.
Braden studied about the moon. He did some cool experiments to simulate craters. He also learned he would be able to jump 36 feet long on the moon!
Maddie's class did basic rocketry. They made paper rockets and with an air compresser shot them across the museum.
I think Maddie's rocket got second place and flew over 120ft!
They fit right into their classes and even met some new friends. Maddie met a girl from Indiana and exchanged email addresses. I'm thankful that there are programs like this to stretch them a bit and get them out of their comfort zones!
Matt* met us at the museum. We delivered the kids to their classes, then went to the cafeteria and had an impromptu coffee date:)
*For family who hasn't seen Matt...yes, he has a beard! He decided to grow one while in San Francisco last week. He is keeping it very short...it is shorter right now than it is in the picture. We'll see how long it lasts:)
Looks like they had a great time! And...impromptu dates are great!
ReplyDeleteWhen I fist looked at the picture of Matt & the kids, I thought "Oh they must have had their picture taken with one of the teachers!" Reminds me of our last supper play when Pastor John was here - that's the only time I've seen him with a beard. Sounds like all of you had a good time!
ReplyDelete