One of the things I was struggling with in schooling this year was Kinslee's writing. Her kindergarten teacher mentioned this as something she needed to work on, but I thought she was doing OK because she writes her own princess stories all the time. So as school started and I gave her journal entries, she would get frustrated and maybe squeak out a sentence or two and call it a journal entry. I was getting a little concerned, probably mostly because I am not very patient!
So over a week ago we went to AB Graham Academy, the charter school we are with. They have quite a large curriculum library with tons of resources that you can check out for as short or as long as you want. I'm so thankful for this library of resources! I found a spiral journal for Kinslee that she fell in love with. After just writing in it two other times, she came up with this journal entry about our field trip.
I was thrilled that we found something to encourage her writing for the time being. She has come so far in the past month and not just with writing. I've seen her grasp and really come to like addition, when at the beginning of the year, she was frustrated with it. Seeing progress like this makes all the work worth it!


No comments:
Post a Comment