Saturday, October 1, 2011

So this is where Matt spent the week...
In San Francisco...
....living in luxury...


...and I was not thrilled that we were left at home.  I'm sure he would beg to differ that his week was not all that luxurious since he was sitting in a conference all week long.  When this trip first got introduced, the kids and I were going to go along with him. I started scoping the area and was getting very excited about the trip.  As time grew closer, I realized that the details were just not going to work out for all of us to go with him.  So off he went, and as I talked with him on Monday, I could picture where he was from the research I had done...which made for an unhappy me.

The kids and I plugged through the week and even with the rough start that it got off to, by God's grace, it ended very well.  I dealt with my bad attitude and am thankful for God's Word that helped me keep the right perspective all week long.  

What did the kids and I find to do all week?  There were soccer games to fill up the evening.  We also had a couple of field trips...one to a home of a co-worker of Matt's who invited us to come for an afternoon (she used to home school, so she wanted to share some things with us).  And on Thursday we went on our first outing with the charter school that we are a part of.  There were about 30 of us who went to the American Whistle Factory and Anthony-Thomas Candy Factory for tours.  They were both great tours and the kids had so much fun!
This little whistle factory is amazing.  The building is small and they have just 10 employees, but they are the only manufacturer of metal whistles in the USA and make over 4,000 whistles a day!  The kids were thrilled to each take home their own whistle.

Before the candy factory tour, we had a 2 hour break.  Everyone seemed to kind of go their own ways, so since the kids and I were in Columbus, we went shopping.  They weren't thrilled but we got some errands done.

These pictures are outside of the candy factory.  This factory was quite amazing, too!  They were packaging Easter candy...crazy, I know. It smelled soooooooo good!  And their sample of the day was buckeyes. That couldn't have been planned better:)

Today we celebrated Friday by going to Five Guys for a late lunch and then making a Cinnamon Thing for dinner:)

Busy weekend ahead, but we're thankful to have Matt home with us again!

No comments:

Post a Comment