Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Gift

We celebrated Braden's birthday last night with Mom and Dad Clark. Pizza, Pasta Salad, Fritos (Braden's birthday staples), and leftover cake. 
He opened his gifts from both sets of Grandparents and was excited about his new Wii game, robot kit, camo shirt and Spiderman figure.

But what he had really been hoping for in a birthday gift was an electric guitar.  Matt and I were able to get one, but didn't want to just wrap it up because we knew he'd guess what it was.  So we tortured him a bit.  He opened his other gifts, was looking them over and we were all talking.  He was happy but was a little quiet, and I'm guessing he was wondering what we had gotten him, but he didn't want to ask.  About 20 minutes later, I couldn't handle it anymore. I asked him to go to my closet and get my slippers. We had the guitar all set up on a stand in our closet with a big bow.  So he headed down the hall and into the room and we hear silence for about a minute.  We called for him and he came slowly walking to the living room with a shocked, but excited look on his face...kind of the look when we told him we were going to Legoland!  I think in those 20 minutes he had written off an electric guitar and was so surprised to find one in our closet!  We like torturing our children with surprises...making them sweat it out a bit:)


He was a little bummed he'd still be taking lessons on his acoustic guitar for now, but we're anxious to see what music he creates while having fun with the electric guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment