After we came home from Katie's house and our Florida vacation, I started looking at some decorating blogs and ran into this idea of a chalkboard wall. I loved it, but didn't give it much thought because I didn't think we had anywhere to do something similar. Later that day I was in the kitchen and saw the perfect spot for a chalkboard wall...right by the stairs to our basement! I've never had anything on this wall and thought..."Hmmmm...don't know what this will look like but I'm going to try it!".
I don't have a complete "before" picture, but here is a picture while we were waiting for the chalkboard paint to be ready to use.
And here is the after picture:
The idea of the frames and decorations I completely stole from this decorator's blog, but I love it! This whole wall cost me about $20 or so...most of the cost being the white frame that I bought from Hobby Lobby. The others were from Goodwill and after a little bit of paint, worked perfectly!
I love our new wall and I love how it draws the eye to that tiny, little entry of the house and makes it seem a little bigger. Plus, it is a fun place to leave messages for each other!
Love that idea!
ReplyDelete