As I said in previously, our kitchen had little decorations, and until I hung the recipes, I didn't really plan to put up any decorations right anytime soon. Once I got started, however, I couldn't stop!
Here is a before picture:
And here is after:
It's not a huge difference just from a photo, but we love the way the kitchen feels more cozy now.
My new curtain. Again, completely not planned, but I loved this material at Hobby Lobby, so pulled out the sewing machine!
Notice the "EAT" above the cupboards. This was an idea from a decorating blog that I really loved. What I didn't realize was that if you stand at certain places in our kitchen and are shorter in stature, it looks like...."FAT". Unfortunate, yes, but it's already been a topic of conversation as we've had company over the past two weeks!
Most of the decorations I had on hand or got for pennies at Goodwill. It does, however, now feature Grandma Clark's baked bean crock and a plate from Grandma Wires that had been stowed away in our cupboards. I love the different memories now displayed in our kitchen!
No comments:
Post a Comment