Thursday, February 7, 2013

Skittles & Sweatpants

One of Matt and my goal's for the new year was to try to make sure we spent one-on-one time with each of the kids.  Braden seemed to get a lot of "Daddy" time, and Maddie gets her share of "Mommy" time, but as far as mixing it up past that, it doesn't happen all that often!

We've done decent so far this year at making sure we give the girls time with Matt and give Braden time with me, but I've been wanting to find some way to connect with Kinslee.

Kinslee mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she wanted a "Skittles & Sweatpants" date with me.  Now this was something I could handle!

Monday night, we got our sweatpants on (Ok...who are we kidding...we already had them on), grabbed a big bag of Skittles, and locked ourselves in my room.

I've had a devotional book sitting on my dresser for almost a year that I've wanted to start with Kinslee, so we did our first lesson together, munched Skittles, did our nails, and talked about everything under the sun!

This was a great idea she had and very do-able for me.  We already can't wait til our next Skittles date!

No comments:

Post a Comment