Sunday, March 17, 2013

Guest Blogger: Maddie

Last Tuesday I made a visit to the orthodontist. I was scheduled to get my retainers out. I get into the dentist chair and the orthodontist talks with a lady who was helping him. 

He looked at me and said, "Well, are we pulling teeth today?" 

I was a little confused, thinking it was a joke. Then he started listing of 5 or 6 different letters. 
Is that teeth??? I thought, but I didn't say anything. I just sat there, trying to take it lightly while he pulled out 6 of my back teeth. Once they did a scan,  I was done. Apparently my mom didn't know I was getting teeth pulled that day either, so as soon as we got out of the dentist's office, Mom said, "Did they pull teeth?" I held up six fingers because I had my mouth full of gauze. We got ice cream and juice and yogurt, and I pretty much lived on that for the first day and a half. I finally feel like I can eat again.

-Maddie

**I must say that we really like our dentist...this must have just been a miscommunication. I knew she was going to have to get teeth pulled in about a month, but on that particular day, all I thought that was coming out was the retainer.  This really turned out to be a blessing. Maddie does not like medical things being done to her and she would have had much stress over this procedure. The fact that she (or I) didn't have any time to think about it really turned out in our favor! 
Although Maddie wouldn't have anything to do with me taking a picture of her that night, here is Kinslee doing dish duty for her big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment