Saturday, April 20, 2013

Quite A Week!

The closer we get to warmer weather, the more behind I feel.

We need to do some spring cleaning and organizing, our garden needs to be prepared for planting, the kids closets are still full of winter clothes, and we have some yard work that needs done.

Matt and Braden got the tractor working this week and Braden was more than happy to spend the day on the mower.  We also pulled all of the deck furniture and grill...and had our first hamburgers! Yum!

Thankfully we are winding down the school year.  One more week until state assessments.  Then we breeze through the last two weeks after that. Yay!

This week was busy with school, midterm projects, several appointments, making dinner for Matt's family Thursday, and our last group school day at the charter school.

Along with those things, we got tadpoles!

I had ordered a coupon to get these when we put our curriculum order in. I misplaced the coupon and just found it a few weeks ago when cleaning up.  Now they're here and hopefully we'll take care of these better than we did our hermit crabs that lasted all of a few weeks.
We had 80 degrees and sunny Thursday!  Braden cut the grass and Maddie pulled weeds.  

She got this surprise!
Glad I wasn't the one who found that surprise or I would have been done pulling weeds for the day.

Friday morning before school, Maddie made a 11x15 cake for one of our youth group guys whose birthday party is this weekend.  We put the cake on the oven to cool and left for school.  

We came  home to this:
And this very guilty puppy dog hiding from us:
Her belly was not well all day long.  It's a good thing that cake hadn't been iced yet or we may not have a dog anymore.

Here's the final product, though...
Maddie did it all herself and did a great job!

3 comments:

  1. Maddie: That cake looks very professional! I think you could go into business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie: Great cake! But next time I think a blue "M" would look much better. (Grandpa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Maddie! I think you and Rylie need to start a business!!!

    ReplyDelete