Friday, April 26, 2013

Garden Prep

We had a couple of nights this week that were actually warm enough to get out and do some yard work. First  in yard work comes getting our garden ready.  Maddie planted seeds back the end of February and they are really wanting to be in the ground!  And I'm really ready to have them out of the house!
We doubled the garden size...thankfully we had extra railroad ties which made this easy to do.
Worms galore!  I remember picking up worms and carrying them around when I was younger.  I'll pass on them now. Yuck.
We got 20 bags of soil instead of having dirt delivered. We'll have to add more as the next week goes on, but at least we have some new soil in there.  

Matt tilled the garden for the first time. I'm hoping the beginning of the week we can do it once more and then I'm going to start planting...and hoping the freezing weather will stay away!

We've had an easy school week.  The kids finished up their math books yesterday.  We celebrated with dinner out and gave them a day off today.  

Next week we switch to a critical thinking math, applying what they've learned this year, for the last month.  They are excited since they think it is way easier than what they've been doing. It at least doesn't take as long!

No comments:

Post a Comment