Actually...I haven't gotten away from blogging, but we've been daily working on Maddie's food blog (www.tastesoflizzyt.com), which has actually turned into a combined effort between her and me. She started the food blog as a midterm project. We realized that it was kind of fun and that we could make a little money through blogging.
So off we went into the blogging world...and pretty quickly we realized that this could really be a full-time job! Since Maddie wanted to make a go of it and needed help executing and dealing with social media to help her blog grow, I asked her if it was okay if I took over some of the job of posting recipes and communications. She agreed...except she wanted to know that she could have it back completely someday if she wanted:)
She does two posts and I do two posts each week. She loves the desserts, and I try to add a little something healthier to the mix!
It's been a fun experience. We've been featured on about 4 different websites so far, and our daily views are growing. I've learned more about my camera and photography, which I love! Maddie likes taking the pictures and between the two of us, we end up with probably 50 or more photos for each recipe. I'm sure we'll get better at that as time goes on!
With the busyness of getting the blog going, finishing up school, neighborhood garage sale weekend, and other activities, we've been busy. But that's OK...it keeps me out of trouble! :)
We enjoyed a weekend with Mom and Dad last weekend. They came up for Maddie and Kinslee's recital, and were a huge help to me during the garage sale. Our sale was a success...my goal was to earn enough money to send the kids to camp, and although I haven't completely calculated everything yet, I think we met our goal!
Here's Maddie at her bake sale table. This picture was taken towards the end of the sale when she didn't have much left, but she sold cookies, peanut butter bars, fudge, caramel corn, cinnamon rolls and sold homemade crocheted dishcloths. She did all the baking and crocheting herself! She earned over $50 in 2 1/2 days! She even passed out business cards for Tastes of Lizzy T's. She's getting to be quite the entrepreneur.
Braden started taking karate classes in April. I wanted him to do karate years ago, but only now has he shown interest. He loves it and just last night passed his testing and earned his white belt with yellow stripes. This karate school is a Christian-based program, so although they learn a bit about the background of karate, there is no Eastern mysticism involved. The teacher is great and we really like the values and respect she tries to instill in the kids.
Braden with his new belt!
Now that I got a "return" post out of the way, hopefully I'll be more regular with posting!


We love the food blog!! Keep it up! And way to go, Braden!
ReplyDelete