Thursday, July 25, 2013

Daddy Date

Something we try to do on a somewhat frequent basis is take the kids out on dates, so they get some one-on-one time with either Matt or myself.  Maddie LOVES her dates, especially her Daddy dates!   They planned a Bible study for this morning.  Matt woke her up at 6am, fixed her hot chocolate and pulled a cinnamon cupcake from our freezer stash, and sat out on the deck in the cool of the morning.


You can't tell in the picture, but the sun was barely up. They had a little candle going.  A morning "Lizzy T Bistro!"


Maddie's morning goodies.

I love that she loves her Daddy dates.  And I love that Matt is willing to take time in the morning to do this, since evenings are so many times full of other things.  

I pray that none of the kids ever grow tired of their dates with us...it is a great way to keep communication open!

No comments:

Post a Comment