This has been quite a summer so far! The rain just won't seem to go away. Usually by this time we don't have to cut our grass because it is so dry, and this year, we have a jungle because it is too wet to mow!
I really haven't minded the rain, since I have so much I need to do inside. I am looking forward to whenever some warm, dry days come, though, so I can get outside and do some yard work. Our weeds are overtaking everything!
This morning, Maddie and I spent the morning preparing recipes for the blog next week. Matt, Braden and Kinslee decided they were going to go fishing. They took their poles, but also took their new backpack with a little stove and coffee pot to make hot chocolate. They loved this! They hiked in the woods a bit, until they got caught in a downpour.
They came home soggy and cold, but had a great time together:)
This afternoon, we watched a movie. Well, the everyone else watched a movie and I slept, which is the normal way things happen around here. I love movie time:)
It finally cleared up a bit this afternoon, so we got out for a walk to get some fresh air. If you can call it fresh because of how humid it is!
We're getting the kids ready for camp next week. This is Kinslee's first year going, so I'm really glad she has Braden and Maddie to protect her! They are so excited, they can hardly stand it.
Matt and I might be a little excited about the week without kiddos, too:)

No comments:
Post a Comment