Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Camp Week!


Last week was summer camp week for the kids! Which meant it was kind of like a summer camp week for Matt and I since we had no kids! Yes, all three went to camp during the same week. I'm not so sure this will happen every year, but we were glad that it could happen this year. Kinslee was able to do her first week away with Maddie in the same cabin and Braden nearby, too.  She did great! They all had fun, but I think Kinslee had the most fun of all. She's always had the desire to be "grown-up" and this was one chance to prove to us she could do it.  And it doesn't hurt that she is a very independent little girl!

The girl gang:

Braden & Isaac with their counselor.
Kinslee was loving the kittens in the barn!

So...what did Matt and I do while the kids were away?

We got to go out on a movie date.  Very rare! We make it to maybe one a year.  And it is always a super hero movie. The last one was Avengers. This one was Man of Steel.  I actually stayed awake for the whole movie...and I had no caffeine in me, either! 

Matt had one long work day, so Tuesday was pretty much a bust.  Wednesday he ended up not feeling well.  But I did my yearly down-on-the-hands-and-knees kitchen floor scrubbing.  I never realize how much normal mopping misses until I do this.  It is soooo yucky and takes forever, but it feels so nice when it is done!

Friday we headed to Columbus for the afternoon and to spend the night before we picked up the kids. We didn't do a whole lot in Columbus because we were both pretty tired, but it is always nice to get a good dinner out and then veg in front of the TV in the hotel!

The kids are now back to normal and caught up on rest...I told Matt I could tell that they didn't have a break from each other. Usually after camp they get along fairly well since they weren't together all week.  But not this time. There was arguing between sisters as soon as we got home. Hopefully they didn't argue all week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment