Thursday, October 31, 2013

Family Pics

Last week, I was convinced that next spring we were going to have our family pictures taken by a professional.  I love the photography that the guy does who did my camera training.  To get him or one of his buddies to take pictures of our family on any location for 2 hours is $300.  A little pricey, but since we had never had them done, I thought it might be worth it.

On Friday, we had a rare day when we were all home together, so I rallied the gang to head to the park and get a picture for Christmas cards.  What started out to be just me snapping a few quick pictures of the kids, turned into a mini family photo shoot. I decided since I was getting the kids dressed and hair done, that it wouldn't be that much more for Matt and I to join along. It was a miracle that I found outfits that looked decent together.  Normally for family photos I'm scrambling and having to make a run to the store!

I threw the tripod in the car and we headed out.  It always takes a few shots for the kids to loosen up a bit, but about 5 minutes in, I had them hooked. We were all having fun and laughed together more than we had in awhile.  I don't think we would have loosened up that much with someone else behind the camera! We were all happy with how the pictures turned out...I think we just saved ourselves $300 and a lot of time!

The kids love snapping pictures of Matt and I kissing.  And we're happy to let them:)

This was my favorite picture of all. Love my guy with my girls!

Not too bad for having to use a timer and running in to the picture at the last minute!  I really need a remote...

One of the first pictures I took.

And our fun picture! The kids always want to do a silly picture after the a "serious" one.  That's their reward for cooperating!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics! Can I hire you for our.... Maybe not $300 but I could make it worth your while! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For you, Sarah? I'd take your family pics for free:)

    ReplyDelete