Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Last-Minute Trip

Matt had a last minute trip to DC come up this month.  It's been a busy month, but we actually didn't have anything set in stone on the calendar for that week, so we were able to go with him.  We stayed in Alexandria, VA, which was fun.  That meant a whole new area to explore and new metro trains to ride.  My goal was to make it a relaxing trip. I succeeded in that with having a nap each afternoon!

 Since we've been to DC many times now, I told the kids to choose two museums they wanted to revisit.

One was the Air & Space Museum.  Boeing was filming a documentary there and they kept asking if they could interview the kids and film them interacting with the displays. There was a release form I would have had to sign that was several pages long and I didn't want to mess with that, so you won't see us on TV anytime soon.


Since we were staying in Alexandria, we had to visit Old Town Alexandria, and it was beautiful!  I'd love to go back and explore this in nicer weather, and with Matt along. Poor Matt, he misses out on most of the sight-seeing!

This is Gadsby's Tavern...an old tavern that George Washington used to visit.  I've never liked history all that much, but visiting these little museums definitely piques my interest!  


The boat docks at Old Town and the Torpedo Factory Art Shops.  The building in the back of the picture was an old torpedo factory from WWI that they turned into 3 floors of art studios.  I wouldn't let the kids go in many of them because I didn't want to try to keep their fingers off all the artwork, but we window shopped!


The architecture is so beautiful in Old Town!



We made a quick visit to the American Indian Museum.  There were lots of school groups there doing scavenger hunts so we didn't stay long.


This has been a travelling month.  Usually December is our busy month, but this year, we're getting it all over with in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment