Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gingerbread Houses...Take 7


It's hard to believe that we've been making gingerbread houses for 7 years now!  Every year they go together a little bit easier.  Usually the adults put the houses together while the kids play, but Maddie and Rylie even put one together this year.
A new fun thing this year was food coloring spray.  The girls used it to color their icing...the boys graffitied their house with it.
We are usually making houses in the evening. This year we had to do it at lunchtime. It was such a beautifully sunny day that we had to keep the curtain closed. The warm sunshine was melting the chocolate that was holding the houses together!



I didn't get pictures of them, but another fun addition this year was "Ninja-bread" men.  I saw them at Target and couldn't resist getting them and making Ninja-bread men for the boys to decorate.

The completed houses:

And as always, a goofy picture!


I'm thankful for great friends and fun memories made!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love! We had all 3 eaten b4 Christmas....except a small bowl of miscellaneous candies!

    ReplyDelete