I'm leaving the fun accessories and wall decor up to them, but the hardest parts are done.
One nice thing about room makeovers is cleaning out junk. You'd not believe the amount of trash I threw away from their desks and closets. I'm really hoping they don't notice! Maddie has gotten so much better about keeping junk but Kinslee is totally still in that stage.
They chose the colors of turquoise, yellow and grey. It was a bit sad to be getting rid of all the pink. They're growing up!
This is the area that a still needs some help, but it has to be about 20 pounds lighter than it was before. And Kinslee is going to love that she has a mirror at her desk now!
I'm quite proud of the curtains. I wanted floor to ceiling curtains and love how it makes the room look bigger. (The living room is next for this trick!) I couldn't find any long curtains so pulled out the sewing machine and added that white panel to the turquoise curtains to add length. Worked like a charm!
The other thing I love is their ceiling fan. You can't tell by the pictures, but I spray painted them gray with a glitter overlay. Maddie wanted no part of glitter, but Kinslee is all about glitter, so this is a subtle way of incorporating some bling for Kins.
I can't wait to see what else they do with the room. We're hoping to find at a garage sale or make a little window seat and tall, skinny dresser. Maddie's clothes are outgrowing the little half of a closet that she has.
Can't wait for the big reveal Saturday!




No comments:
Post a Comment