Friday, August 8, 2014

Kinslee's Birthday

We celebrated Kinslee's birthday Monday. This was a small celebration since she's already had several already!  The thing she was super excited about for this day was her cake. She searched Pinterest long and hard for the perfect cake.  She wanted a ballerina cake, but I tried to steer her to more easy and doable, especially since we had a super busy weekend the few days before.  She was set on having a tiered cake with fondant on one layer, so this is what she came up with!

This was the first time we had covered a cake with fondant and it was really pretty easy. As you can see in the picture, there's a few imperfections, but for the most part for our first try, it turned out decent. The "flowers" on the top cake turned out nothing like what I thought they would, but it didn't look half bad either.
Kinslee found these flowers on the dollar rack at the craft store. My kind of girl! :)

She was super excited about her very pink cake. 
Matt and I didn't take one lick, which really was OK. I love the white cake underneath, but I am not a huge fondant lover. It smells like play-doh to me, so I was OK with turning it down. We fixed ourselves a paleo fruit cobbler and it was actually pretty good! My goal is to come up with something yummy that we can eat for Matt's birthday next week. We're on day 19 and we had one cheat night when we sampled a recipe I am making for a recipe contest. Matt was certain that in order to win the $5000 grand prize, we needed to sample the recipe to make sure it was good. :) We're feeling really good, though, even with our one little cheat night!

No comments:

Post a Comment