Friday, January 21, 2011

Hmmm....

I don't really even know what to title this post since it is going to be a conglomeration of things that have gone on this week!

To start with, the kids had only 1 1/2 days of school this week.  They were excited to have off some days, but we are now into making up days...2 to be exact. I really think they need to put some chains on the school bus tires and have the drivers take snow driving lessons from Northeast Ohio!! I'm happy to have them home with me, but it just prolongs the school year at this point.  We are halfway through...2 more quarters to go!

Matt headed out on Tuesday morning to Atlanta for the week.  He had quite the eventful trip.  Turns out he must be a very suspicious looking guy as he ALWAYS gets chosen for the body scan at the airport.  I find it kind of funny, but I think he is starting to get a complex that out of 30 some people standing in line...he is always chosen!

He got to Atlanta and had to take the MARTA to Georgia Tech.  A homeless man in the station asked him for money. All Matt had was his homemade pizza that he had brought from home to eat for lunch, so he gave it to the guy. He figured the man would turn it down, but he gladly took it, sat down in a corner, and ate it!

Also on Tuesday he realized he was getting sick.  By noon Wednesday, he felt so badly he knew he needed to go to the urgent care.  He tested positive for influenza and bronchitis. The doc told him to get the first flight home and to rest.  So after a long afternoon/night in the hotel, he headed out for home on Thursday morning, ran into the same homeless man for the second time (only this time he had nothing to give him except a few germs..hmm..I hope he didn't get Matt's illness from that pizza...), and again got the body scan at the airport.  Evidently the body scan was not enough this time because he also had to get the full pat-down!

Thankfully the snow did not slow him down any and by 1:30pm he was home and feeling slightly better.  Today he is finally feeling like he is on the mend. 

Now Braden is sick.

Matt has him at the urgent care as I type.  Braden started out the day not feeling the greatest but tonight is just shaking with chills and has a fever of 103.  He is so afraid that he is going to have to get a shot in the rear!! 

Stacey, Craig and cousins were supposed to come in tonight for a fun weekend together, but this had to get postponed.  I had some sad kids!!

This was Braden this morning before he started feeling too badly:
 His newest invention: The Amphibian Rover...moves on land and water!!

Since the boys were sick, the girls were in charge of clearing the driveway.  Thankfully the wind blew about a quarter of the snow off the drive, so it only took us 20 minutes or so to shovel.  Kinslee did about one swipe of the shovel and was ready to go in for hot chocolate.
 Kinslee was so cold she didn't want to turn her head!!
 This was Braden later in the afternoon...starting to feel badly. Once he sat down in that spot I don't think he moved much.

And last, but not least, Maddie fixed us dinner! She had a little bit of help with this since I didn't have a specific recipe to follow...she did not really want me helping though!

 Chicken Parmigiana...all from scratch this time!
A recipe from Mom:   Michigan Tech Wives Brownies. I used to make these all the time growing up and they were as good as I remembered!! YUM!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm . . .

    I can't decide what to comment on!

    Chicken Parmesan (yum!!) . . . rovers (how cool is that?!) . . . being stopped in the airport (my husband always gets picked too--for him we think it's the soul patch. does Matt have facial hair these days?)

    ReplyDelete