Friday was a surprise snow day...hopefully our last! Matt had to go to work, so the kids and I spent the day at home...doing some school work! Braden had a report to do on Alexander Graham Bell. I'm so thankful we had a snow day to work on this....he is not one for writing, so we did it first thing in the morning with not much of a complaint!
Maddie had a "3 on 3" project about snowflakes to complete. Here she is showing Daddy her final project:
Kinslee is still at the point where she loves schoolwork! After Christmas I started her on a program called All about Spelling. We started with the first book and she flew through the first 10 lessons since they were review for her. She is now into lesson 18 and is learning so much! Her teacher saw a huge improvement in her reading/writing skills just in the past month. I am hoping to start book 2 with her in April. Here she is happily doing her lesson!
On Friday night we went tubing with some friends. This was so much fun! I was a little concerned that one of us would be sitting inside with a grumpy Kinslee...snow and cold are not her loves! And as Matt, Kinslee and I flew so fast down the hill for the first time, I thought for sure Kinslee would hate it.
Her comment when we skidded to a stop? "That was AWESOME!"
She was hooked! She even went down the hill once by herself.
Matt and Kinslee heading up the hill. Kinslee loved the conveyor belt. She went from being tentative about stepping on, to doing it all herself, pulling her tube behind her!
Those 2 little heads are Isaac and Braden headed down the hill.
The worker getting Rylie and Maddie ready to fly down.
Matt and Kinslee coming down from a ride.
Look at that smile:)
So our evening was not completely tear-free...Kinslee's fingers were so cold we had to go warm them under the bathroom hand dryers.
We're ready for Kings Island roller coasters this summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment