Wednesday the kids and I ventured out on our own. Riding the metro and deciphering the city streets was a little intense, but we did it with no problems!
We headed over to Theodore Roosevelt Island. This was a quiet, peaceful place in the Potomac River.
We then headed along the river walk towards the Arlington Cemetery. Braden was intrigued by the Eternal Flame, and I wanted the kids to experience the changing of the guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Once again, we did a lot of walking, but the weather was pretty and the kids were troopers!
Fall colors really popped in the cemetery.
I'm thankful that although I didn't know where I was going, I didn't make any wrong turns...we found everything we wanted to see easily and the rain didn't start til we were about 1 block from our hotel!
No comments:
Post a Comment