Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas!

Christmas falling on Sunday made it a busy day, but it was good to go to church and celebrate the real reason that we have Christmas.  The kids were up early Sunday morning, which gave us lots of time to have a yummy breakfast and open presents before getting ready for church.
We hosted Matt's family at our house for lunch and dinner.  Finger foods for lunch and turkey and the fixings for dinner. We were not short on the amount of food we had!  Aunt Leen dressed up as Mrs. Claus and visited bringing treats for the kids.
Our busy, Christmas filled basement!

Matt and I slept in Monday morning, but the kids were up early and actually went down to clean the basement on their own....a wonderful surprise! I need to remember these times when it seems like they never clean up voluntarily and that what we tell them does not get through.  I'm so very thankful for family!

No comments:

Post a Comment