Friday night, I was surprised with a visit to Lizzy T's Bistro. Where is this new restaurant? In our house! Matt and the kids planned a very special Christmas dinner date for me. I was sent in the bedroom to prepare for a fancy date Friday night while the kids prepared the house and meal. At about 5:30, I was blindfolded, taken to the car, and driven around the block. When we arrived back home, I saw a candlelights lining the sidewalk to the house and a sign hanging on the front door saying "Lizzy T's Bistro". A handsome waiter welcomed us and seated us.
We enjoyed several courses of food prepared by Chef Maddie: mozzerella sticks, salad, garlic bread, chicken parmigiana and green beans.
The final course was a brownie sundae!
It was so delicious, but I could hardly eat it!
The kids (and Matt) did a great job planning and fulfilling all of their roles in the restaurant. Braden did a great job serving and clearing dishes...he was on the ball and would make a great waiter some day. Kinslee was a multi-purpose girl...whatever the other two needed, she did. Maddie cooked and even serenaded us on the piano with "The 12 Days of Christmas"!
The sign on the front door:
The pretty view as we walked into the restaurant:
Lizzy T's workers:) Maddie completely cleaned the kitchen on her own, too. I didn't even look at the kitchen til Saturday morning and woke up to see it looking spotless!
Matt's instructions to the kids and their check for us...the dinner was free:)
It was a wonderful Christmas surprise and I warned the kids that Matt and I would be back to visit the fine establishment soon!
So awesome! What a special date night for you two!
ReplyDeleteIf Maddie ever wants a job, send her this way. She can mentor keturah, and show her the ropes of private restaurant management! love this!
ReplyDeleteLove it! How special!
ReplyDelete