Monday, February 20, 2012

Family School Day

We've been away for a week and I feel like I am behind on blogging! A lot has happened, but I thought I'd go back to over a week ago when we went to the Family School Day at the charter school we are a part of.  The school hosts family days monthly, but we've always had something going on those days.  This month, however, we were able to attend.  The kids dissected owl pellets and did an owl art project.
Maddie very unsure of what she was touching...
Braden and Kinslee were in class together, but Maddie was with the older group. I could tell she was a bit  uncomfortable in not knowing anyone. I'm thankful for these opportunities to push them out of their comfort zone a bit!
Braden tearing into his owl pellet. He found 3 complete skulls in his pellet!
Kinslee showing off her skull. 

I had never before dissected owl pellets. I really didn't expect to find much, so was surprised at the skulls...
and how easy it was to look at a chart and see what the owl had eaten!
Braden and Kinslee hard at work on their art project.

This was such a fun time and I'm hoping to make it to more in the future.  The school did a great job organizing it, keeping the kids in line, and I love how most of the parents stuck around and were all involved.  It was definitely a good first experience!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I was going into Clark-family-withdrawal! So glad you're back. Loved this post and I'm totally jealous about the owl pellets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun!! What a neat experiment and experience!!!

    ReplyDelete