Tuesday evening Maddie and I went on our first "Great Date" from Dannah Gresh's Secret Keeper Girl program. Two friends and their moms from church joined us at a coffee shop.
The point of this date was to show the girls their value in God's eyes. They are a masterpiece...a fine piece of china. We compared the difference between a styrofoam cup, a ceramic mug, and fine china and we wanted the girls to know that even though the world may judge them based on how they dress, look and act, they are a treasure in God's eyes. They will face some difficult situations in their teen years (and even as adults!) but they have the promise of Isaiah 64:8 and Philippians 1:6 that God is working on them and that He won't stop until they are complete! By God's grace, they will strive to present themselves as fine china as they grow older in their dress, friendships, words and actions. And even when times get hard, they have the ability to do this because they each have the power of Christ working in them.
What is a Secret Keeper girl?
"A Secret Keeper Girl values modesty, surrounds herself with wise friends and she embraces Godly beauty. So, she keeps the deepest secrets of her beauty for just one man. But she also knows that she can share all of her heart secrets with her mom at any time. The coolest thing for you to know is that a Secret Keeper Girl is a masterpiece created by God."
I'm excited that I get to be going through these dates with Maddie (and great, too, to be doing this with friends!) and I pray that she truly knows she is a treasure in the arms of Christ...
"Forgiven" by Sanctus Real
...When I don't fit in and I don't feel like I belong anywhere...
When I don't measure up to much in this life
I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ!...
This is so incredibly powerful, Julie. Do post any good links you have to the Secret Keeper Girl program . . . May your girls go on to not only keep their secrets, but pass them along to their daughters someday too!
ReplyDelete