Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jamestown

On Friday, Matt was able to come with us to Jamestown.  The kids really enjoyed this as it was very interactive and not nearly as much walking as Williamsburg.


This man taught the kids how to measure distances in knots.

This Pocahontas statue was at Historical Jamestowne, which we were able to visit for a short time before the cold wind came in.  The kids were able to do a scavenger hunt in the museum here and they enjoyed getting to see the glass blowing house!

I'm very thankful for the chance to go on this trip with Matt.  Matt and I were talking on the way home about God's timing.  God put in my heart the desire to homeschool (which I never thought I'd be doing!) the very year that Matt changed jobs and was required to travel to very cool places!  I'm thankful also for his boss who thinks it is great that our whole family goes on the trips and is very willing to work with Matt on the details it takes to make it happen.  We obviously couldn't have planned this any better than it has turned out.  God is good and His timing is perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures of Jamestown and Williamsburg! Chesapeake Bay is just gorgeous! It has been great to see how homeschooling has coincided with Matt's job! Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed looking at the pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time! My kids would love to visit those places...they love American history!

    ReplyDelete