Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Creative Minds

Matt and I often talk about how we miss our three acres of woods at our old house. The kids would have had so much fun playing and exploring!

Living in a subdivision doesn't stop the kids creativity though.  We have lots of trees planted...most of which are very small right now.  

There is one dappled willow bush, however, that grows very quickly.  The kids realized this spring what a cool fort this would make.  The past couple of months I have seen them sitting in the tree branches, reading a book or pretending.

With the nice weather last week, they got creative and made this into a make-shift home.  
The girls were weaving leaves, flowers and stems, making bracelets, anklets and hair bows...

And then to top off the excitement, they found a toad.  Kinslee loves toads and carried this poor thing around all afternoon!
Braden made a weather station to measure wind direction, wind speed and temperature.
He then built a tee-pee out of straw to protect his weather station.
Maddie's creation she was so proud of?
A doll made from stuff she found laying around the yard.
We were impressed!
I'm thankful for God's creation that keeps the kids entertained and creating on these warm, spring days!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when the kids play that way! It makes me smile! It also makes me smile that they have friends that play like that, too! Love their creative little minds.

    ReplyDelete