Is it really October 22 already?
I knew the month would fly by, but wow, it's almost November!
We've had a great month of traveling, about 2700 miles in 2 weeks. Lots of driving, but it was great to get away!
We spent a week in Virginia, then traveled to Tennessee for a weekend with the Clark side of the family, came home for 2 days and headed back to Virginia. Two of these were business trips. Even though Matt has to work during these, it's nice to relax together in the evenings and not have the pressure of all of our "to-do's" at home.
Our first trip took us to Hampton, VA, where we visited Yorktown. I have learned so much American history on these trips. More than I ever remember learning before! I'm hoping that I, and the kids, can retain some of this history!
The Victory Monument, from the Revolutionary War.
The Yorktown Battlefield. The kids had read books about this earlier in the week, so they were really excited to see this field, with all of its redoubts and cannons.
Yorktown Victory Center Plantation. The kids favorite rooms were the kitchen and the tobacco drying house. They really enjoyed talking to the workers in these buildings.
The Continental Army Encampment. I couldn't resist hanging these signs on the kids and getting a picture:)
They loved talking to the woman at the doctor tent. And they love that they don't live in that time period and have the modern medicine of today!
I'm hoping to have time to update the blog several more times the next few days with pics of the rest of our activities!
No comments:
Post a Comment