March is finally here!
We are definitely ready for spring in this house. The sun is shining today, which is so helpful for a good Monday!
School has been a bit of a drudgery this month. A friend mentioned to me the "doldrums of homeschooling in February". We didn't experience this last year because we were travelling so much. But this year, we feel it! We are all ready to be outside and doing something a bit different.
Thankfully, we are just putting final touches on our research papers and projects, which is a huge relief. It was a two month project and the kids are excited to have this major assignment behind them!
While Mom and Dad watched the kids a few weeks ago, Maddie got math help from Grandpa. She was surprised to get in this mail this little reminder in a frame from her school desk:
We've struggled a bit the past few weeks making it through Maddie's math lessons each day. She had pretty much lost hope in math and I wasn't having much patience with her. We've prayed about it and came up with a solution that seems to be helping her so far. She sits right by me and although I'm not really helping her with the lesson, I'm there to make sure she stays on task and to answer any questions she may have. Things have been going much more smoothly now. Only about 25 more math lessons to go...I think we can do it:)
Maddie and math...........sounds like Maddie might have inherited her "love" for math from me! Hang in there, Madison, you'll make it. Funny thing........all through grades K through 12 and through my Bachelor's degree, math was not my best friend. Then, I had to study lots of math, while getting my master's in education: to become a special education teacher (good idea, right?!......since the plan for a special ed teacher is to help students who struggle with math!). Well, wouldn't you know it.......I ended up loving math! Just plain weird...........but, since I haven't used that new found knowledge for almost 10 years, I have forgotten some of it....but, I still love math. Really! It's a challenge and I love challenges! I love art too!! And I love all of you guys! Love, Grandma "math whiz" Clark
ReplyDelete