Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter

We had a great Easter weekend spent with family celebrating our risen Savior!

Good Friday we were able to go to a Passion Play. I had been wanting to take the kids to see one, and I think seeing Jesus' life played out before them made them think about what He had to go through for us. It was a great production!

We were all sick the previous week, but thankfully we were all somewhat on the mend for most of the weekend and were able to enjoy time with cousins.



The loot after the  hunt...there was some major candy trading going on here....
Matt and I took a walk back in the woods behind our house. My old stompin' grounds! I hadn't been back there in years, but it all came back to me.  What a great area we had to play and pretend in!
This dog grave is from 1936.
The creek I remember so well.

Next time we're up I'd like to take the kids back there. They've been back in the woods, but it would be fun to hike around and show them how we used to play!

We are on the home stretch as far as homeschooling goes.  We're finishing up workbooks and working on some of the more "fun" parts of learning and story writing.  State testing is at the end of the month, then we're really in the clear!  The winter quarter was long, hard and I felt many times like I was going to lose it.  We made it through, however, and our hard work has now paid off with an easier schedule. 6 more weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment