I really don't know who was more excited about Christmas day, me or the kids. I love Christmas morning at home, plus it was the start of a week of having Matt home, too! We woke up early that morning and had cinnamon rolls, which didn't turn out as good as our rolls normally do. The yeast was old and they didn't rise very much. But regardless, homemade cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning are the best.
We ended up waking Maddie up at about 6:45 because the rest of us just couldn't wait any longer!
Stockings time!
Kinslee asked for blank books for Christmas. We have a stack of these in the school room, so I found a blank pop-up book. She was super excited!
Maddie is at that age where she does not want her picture taken...especially if she hasn't gotten ready for the day yet!
Mom and Dad got us a Keurig for Christmas, so I ordered a huge supply of k-cups and wrapped them up. The kids are allowed to have hot chocolate on Monday mornings, so they were so happy to have a big supply of hot chocolate k-cups!
Maddie with a fresh supply of 48 paint colors! I'm trying to talk her into doing a painting for me!
Matt has had the same Adidas shoes for 7 years. He loves them and wears them everywhere. They have lasted a long time. He's been talking about needing new ones for the past 6 months, so I ordered him some. He was pretty pumped about this gift and completely surprised!
His other surprise gift was a compound miter saw, something he has been wanting for years. He again was completely surprised. See that smile on his face?! Thank you, Dad, for helping me pick this out so it could be a surprise for Matt!
One happy guy:)
Braden got a lot of survival type gifts. Here he is all decked out, and yes, he thinks he looks cool like this. Pocketknife, bowie knife and binoculars hooked in cases on his belt, and a new watch on his wrist. Notice his little Adidas shoes, too? I was afraid he wouldn't like them since he actually has to tie them, but he loves having shoes just like Matt!
We had to wake our kids at 8:00! Looks like Isaac & Braden are set for adventure! His list was similar.
ReplyDelete